Articles on this Page
- 12/03/14--12:47: _Nosferatu 1922 Clas...
- 12/04/14--15:21: _Odd Thomas Teen Mov...
- 12/06/14--12:52: _Awakenings Movie Re...
- 12/06/14--13:51: _No se aceptan devol...
- 12/06/14--19:20: _The Raven Edgar All...
- 12/06/14--20:12: _Forget Paris Comedy...
- 12/07/14--11:07: _Tootsie Romantic Co...
- 12/07/14--12:10: _World War Z Zombie ...
- 12/07/14--14:27: _Carrie New Version ...
- 12/07/14--15:10: _Defiance Holocaust ...
- 12/07/14--15:54: _Throw momma from a ...
- 12/07/14--16:54: _Let the Right one i...
- 12/07/14--18:37: _Dark Souls 1 and 2 ...
- 12/07/14--19:35: _Skyrim Dawnguard an...
- 12/08/14--20:25: _Dragon Age Inquisit...
- 12/20/14--17:48: _Albert Anker Genre ...
- 12/20/14--23:23: _Children Genre Pain...
- 12/03/14--12:47: Nosferatu 1922 Classical Movie Review
- 12/04/14--15:21: Odd Thomas Teen Movie Review
- 12/06/14--12:52: Awakenings Movie Review
- 12/06/14--13:51: No se aceptan devoluciones Instructions Not Included Movie Review
- 12/06/14--19:20: The Raven Edgar Allan Poe Movie Review
- 12/06/14--20:12: Forget Paris Comedy Movie Review
- 12/07/14--11:07: Tootsie Romantic Comedy Movie Review
- 12/07/14--12:10: World War Z Zombie Movie Review
- 12/07/14--14:27: Carrie New Version Movie Review
- 12/07/14--15:10: Defiance Holocaust Movie Review
- 12/07/14--15:54: Throw momma from a train Comedy Review
- 12/07/14--16:54: Let the Right one in Foreign Movie Review
- 12/07/14--18:37: Dark Souls 1 and 2 Expansion Reviews
- 12/07/14--19:35: Skyrim Dawnguard and Dragonborn Expansions Game Reviews
- 12/08/14--20:25: Dragon Age Inquisition Cool Games Review
- 12/20/14--17:48: Albert Anker Genre Paintings Review
- 12/20/14--23:23: Children Genre Paintings by Albert Anker
Albert Anker Genre Paintings Reviewed by Teresita Blanco
Anker was a famous Swiss painter and illustrator from the 19th century. He was made famous by his realistic depiction of village life. Aside from Paris, Anker visited many places in Europe in order to perfect his technique. In the 1900, he suffered a stroke. This limited his ability to move about. He finally got his big break when he died in 1910. It was only then that he achieved the recognition he so desired. Many stamps today include scenes from Anker's paintings. The first painting shows a guy drinking. That is were the painting get's its name "The Drinker". Old poor people usually take to drinking.
In this one, we see a child reading to his granddad. Despite being pheasants, this child was able to get some degree of education. Based on his apron, the child is more of a craftman. He is a step above the common farmer. Back when that meant something.
This painting shows a widowed woman eating lunch. She is sipping her tea. You can tell she is a widow because of her black veil.
In this painting, an old woman is sitting near a dead fire. Like her, the fire is about to die out.
Here is another drunkard painting. This one is drinking because he is angry at the world.
This one depicts an old woman reading. With the advent of the industrial revolution, public education became available. At least in Switzerland.
In this painting, a girl is holding her baby sister. Her mother is coming in with the food. The interior is quite humble.
The strokes here are lose. This is because Anker had a stroke a year ago. Anyhow, this is quite the realistic depiction of an old man resting. The dog, being a dog wants a piece of his food.
In this painting, a girl in mourners clothing is reading to some pheasants. Since it is Sunday, she is reading the Bible.
Here is another drinking painting. This guy's absinthe was a highly alcoholic beverage. It does not take much to get you really drunk.
This one shows a group portrait. The children are practicing water color. You can see all their utensils and sketches on the table.
This one shows a wounded soldier. He seems quite weary of battles.
The last painting shows a mother looking at her child sleeping. The candlelight is a good detail.
Children Genre Paintings by Albert Anker Reviewed by Teresita Blanco
This painting shows a boy giving a whistle to a girl. She takes care of goats. The scenery is also cute as well.
This painting shows two orphans sleeping in the street. It is a very depressing view. Based on the background, both are sleeping at the foot of the church.
This painting shows a portrait Dora Luthy. I like the painting because of the cute white dress.
In this painting, the little girl is with her lamb. Just like in the song Mary had a little lamb.
This painting shows a girl sleeping in the forest. She got tired after searching for firewood.
This cutie is playing with dominos. I used to do the same thing when I was a kid.
I really do not know the name of this painting. I just like it because the cats make me smile. Cats started becoming popular during this time period.
In this painting, a girl is feeding chickens. This is a novelty for her younger brother. For her, this is nothing more than a daily routine. Then again, this were the days before TV.
In this painting, there are girls having tea together. Tea time has been popular since the Brits got tea from the Hindus.
In this one, a girl is reading while doing her hair. Her blonde hair is very pretty.
In this painting, a girl is picking up milk. I like her dress a lot. She is very pretty.
Almost all painters have a portrait of a girl. She is pretty cute.
In this painting, there is a stable boy taking a break from his work. It was bad when children had to work in the old days.
This painting shows a boy going to school. The summer break came about because of farmer boys like this one. They were needed to bring in the harvest.
In this painting, a boy is doing his homework. He looks cute writing on his notebook.
This is another version of a girl writing on her notebook. Her bead necklace is pretty cute.
This is another painting showing a girl sleeping on a bench. She is selling flowers. She took a break by sleeping on a bench.
The last painting has quite the ironic name: The little musician. The baby looks cute playing with her rattle.